Skip To Main Content

Parent Resources


Reporting an Absence or a Change in Dismissal:

Please use the email below to report an absence or if you have a change in dismissal procedure for your child.

School Closings

When schools are closed due to inclement weather, the following procedures are in effect.

Early Dismissal - All School-sponsored activities are automatically postponed/cancelled in the entire system.

School Closed for the Entire Day - All School-sponsored activities are automatically postponed/cancelled in the entire system.

Health Room Info

Prescription Medications:

If your student requires daily or as needed medication during the school year, a physician signed medication form is required. Prescription medications must be in the original container marked specifically for the student labeled by pharmacist or prescriber. Over the counter medications must be in original container with manufacturers label intact.

*Maryland law allows prescription medication to be used for only 1 year beyond date of issue or expiration date indicated on the medication, whichever comes first *

-Remember, medications (prescription and over the counter) may not be carried to school by students, this is a violation of CCPS drug policy. Adults need to transport the medications and bring them to the school. This includes inhalers unless medication form designating permission to carry is signed by provider and guardian.

Discretionary Medications: Ibuprofen (like Advil) and Acetaminophen (like Tylenol)

 Under our Discretionary Medication Policy, Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen in specified doses can be administered by the school nurse on an infrequent basis. Discretionary Medications will only be given if a signed form is on file in the health room and we are able to contact a guardian for permission before each dose. When administering Discretionary Medications, stock bottles of medication provided by the school are used. Only chewable tablets are available. Liquid or tablet forms require a physician signed medication order form and for the parent to bring in an unopened bottle of medication. Also, if your student will need ibuprofen or acetaminophen on a more regular basis or for an injury, a physician signed medication form is required and the parent must provide the medication in an unopened bottle. 

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Hope everyone enjoys the remainder of the summer!

Wendi Layne, RN

School Nurse

Elmer Wolfe Elementary

Phone (410) 751-3307

Fax (410) 751-3309

"We get by with a little help from our friends."

Home Access Center